XJ rebuild

u can do it with a piece of string

NOOOO SHIT!!!

i used to live there… for about 5 years. pool table still in the basement? my buddy Rich used to live there with me too.

good times in that little house. quiet, no problems with the neighbors the only bad part is the shit plant.

measuring tape. 1/8" toe in… or as close as you can get it.

We wanted to get a pool table for down stairs so bad but they re-did the basement before we moved in and there was no room for one. :angry: but we have made it to still be a pretty sweet man cave. :laughing: and as far as the plant I still have yet to smell it but we will see when the summer time comes.

I’m not following the discussion about pinion angle. Don’t you want to set the caster angle and let the pinion angle fall where it may? Without a good 4-5 degrees positive caster I’d expect to be wandering all over the road with death wobble to boot.

i dont think there is a way to change caster atleast not one i know on my wrangler, if my caster is out of whack then the ball joints are shot.

i think you have to cut the knuckles loose and spin them to correct the caster after setting the pinion angle…

check pirate… theres tons of axle tech

dont u adhust the caster with the adjustable control arms

go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoAlignment.htm

Yes. If you have them. Otherwise you need cam bolts or shims. I set my front axle up with cam bolts on the control arms plus the radius arm length is adjustable. In principle, all you need is the adjustable arms. In practice the cam bolts are much simpler because with adjustable control arms you end up in a trial-and-error cycle; take them off, adjust the length, put them back on, measure caster. Do it again, and again until you get it right. A royal PITA. If they made the control arms threaded on both ends; one right hand thread and the other left hand thread it would be a piece of cake.

Well with how busy I’ve been the past few weeks and not being able to get the Jeep out and go wheeling. I didn’t want it to start feeling neglected so I bought some rocker guards for it today from TnT. They should be here in a few weeks :smiley: .

This is what they will look like

:sunglasses:

Looks great Chris congrats

nice… :wink:

i’m dieing over the Jesus Rocks sticker on that XJ :smiley:

do u know what JCR offroad stands 4?

Skyjacker is a big one foe jesus support too

nice! tnt does some really good work, you will be happy :sunglasses:

Jesus Christ Rocks Offroad?

correct!