Soldiers & Saddles 2023: Charity Ride for Project Comeback

The Ocean State Jeepsters will once again be holding the annual Soldiers and Saddles charity ride to benefit Project Comeback. Join us on Sunday October 15th 2023 for a day of off roading to benefit a really great cause. Bring your own Jeep or full sized 4X4 vehicle for a chance to wheel a private property in Burrillville RI. Preregistration is required online and space is limited so signup today!

Project Comeback provides support for veterans returning from combat and rescued horses with a belief that their interaction can provide a mutually beneficial healing experience. Check out the awesome work they do at:
projectcomeback.org/

Event Details:
Registration is open to the public who have vehicles that meet the requirements: 140" wheel base max and 75" width max are recommended, 4-Lo 4wd, all terrain tires, and recovery points at both front and rear. Preregistration is required to attend, each vehicle must be preregistered to off road and pay the entrance fee of $40.00.

The property offers easier trails with a few intermediate obstacles. As well as blue trails for a slightly more challenging ride. There is limited room for trailer parking if you choose to tow your rig.

The event also includes a raffle with fantastic prizes including off roading gear and swag. All proceeds from raffle ticket sales directly benefit Project Comeback. Your registration includes two raffle tickets and additional tickets can be purchased at the event.

See you on October 15th!
events.constantcontact.com/regis … id7658d66b

OSJ Soldiers & Saddles 2023 poster low res.png

A special thanks to our sponsors for providing awesome raffle prizes:
Thank You To Our Sponsors 2023 REVC Lowe Res.png

I’m sad, but I am away for work travel for the event this year and can’t help. Let me know if you guys need anything. The old FB event should be available for a club officer to refresh and get the word out for sales. Be sure someone in BOD finance has a we pay site cooking to collect fees as this is a public event with advanced sales required in the past.

We would be happy to help out as needed. Not going to miss this year - had COVID last year!

I’ll be back to help again this year.

I’ve done recovery for the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“NelsonATC”]
I’ll be back to help again this year.

I’ve done recovery for the last few years.

Excellent, I’ll put you down for recovery. Thanks

I should be available to help in some way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll take a group again if you need me

I will be there, can lead or tail as needed.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Let me know if you need any help for the event

Check the other tread… Saw mill clean up.

I believe he can use another person to help with recovery.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I could use a few more people to help get the blue trails open this Sunday 10/8.

The planning thread is posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7720&p=89695#p89695

This just in:

The first 50 rigs to signup will receive a 10% off coupon for any purchase from Steinjager!
steinjager.com/shop/index.php

:smiley: :smiley:

We still have tickets available for the Soldiers & Saddles ride this Sunday (10/15). If you can help to spread the word to make this a successful event. Invite all your friends including non-OSJ members.

The weather forecast is now looking good!

I can help with Check-in or gunner.
Mbessette5

Awesome, I will have you either help with checkin/guest greeting or gunning for a green group if we have a 2nd green group. See the planning thread on the members event side of the forum for more information or PM me.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7720&start=15

We still have a few last minute tickets available.

Come on out for a great day of wheeling to support an even better cause.

Can’t make it but still want to help, you can always donate to Project Comback directly:
PCB Donation QR Code Poster Low Res.jpg