JK Steering box question

I recently had my PS return line fail, in replacing the line the steering box seems to have a factory defect (or the monkey at Acton Jeep over tightened the initial line damaging the box) and I can not get the line seated properly. Brought it to a local shop and they had the same issues and say my 2 year old steering box is defective and needs to be replaced. The dealership that replaced it wont warranty the part itself saying my warranty exprired when the service contract ended (seriously wtf- wont be doing business with them again.)

I don’t want to break the bank with a PCS system and don’t plan to run larger than 35" tires on this jeep. Its my daily and I cant be breaking stuff on it like I did in my TJ. Is there something a little better than the factory steering box that can be tossed in? I’ve seen the big bore pump form PCS and that may be overkill. I did notice a slightly cheaper mod with a PCS box for 675… anyone recommend that one or something around that price point vs the 200 stock pump?

offroadelements.com/psc-mot … r-jk-2007/

I’m not fimilar with JK’s anybody in the process of a build want to trade steering boxes?

I ended up getting a great deal on a PCS box from Barrett Fab. Going into the jeep in the next day or so weather and time permitting, but I’ve heard awesome things about these on and off road. Looking forward to seeing what it does in rocks as the JK is a biatch to turn when aired down and off camber. :wink: