How do I become a member?

Just checked, I did get it. Just wanted to make sure I’ve paid what I needed to, and am not forgetting to do something. Thanks.

I didnt get any email. I even checked my spam folder

Josh,
The discussion above is a year old.

A similar e-mail was sent this year back on January 3rd stating that:

1.) Membership will open up again around Feb 15
2.) Reminder of the 1st year participation requirements
3.) Applicants are invited to all events

My bad, lol. I usually catch that. Must have been tired this morning.

I am considering joining and have a few questions:

1. Have you reached your membership quota for 2018?

2. Is it possible to join in on a run either before joining or with the initial fee to see if I feel your club is a good fit for me?

3. I see your on-line calendar of events is two years old. I’d like to see what you plan on offering for this year. Is that possible?

4. How many members are a part of Ocean State?

TIA for taking the time to respond.

Ralph Tomaccio

1. No. Historically, we reach our membership cap in the July/August time frame.
  2. Events are open to members and guests. It is possible to attend as a guest. I’d be happy to invite you as my guest. Our next trail ride event is March 24th at a private property in Southeastern CT.
  3. The 2018 event calendar is posted in the members section of the forum and includes almost 40 events. I also updated the calendar on the web site. Other than shifting dates by a day or two the calendar does not change much from year to year.
  4. As of this moment 134. Our 2018 membership cap is 175

Sounds good. Thanks, Eric. I’d like to take you up on your offer of being your guest on the March 24th run. Can you PM or email me details on where, meeting time and difficulty level?

Ralph

Sorry but confused over membership requirements. By-laws mention during the probationary period there are meeting/events attendance required but in a post it mentions inactive members are important too and there are by-laws in place to accommodate people who might not be able to meet the requirements but would like to be a member. I’d love to join but am afraid I’d fail probation.

The minimum participation requirement applies only to first year (probationary) members. Once through the first year there is no minimum participation requirement. We of course would like for all members to actively participate but recognize that life situations evolve and active participation is not always possible. We do host a fair number of “public” events including Big River Clean up, Go Topless Day, Ocean State Jeep Festival, Wheel & Squeal, and Toy Run. If you don’t think you can meet the first year requirements at this time then you are always welcome at these public events.

Only 17 openings left for 2018! :open_mouth:

I payed the $10.00 on june 7 1918
I am waiting to pay the $50.00 please let me know when.

Henry J Albanese Jr henryc6@live.com 401 345 6262 feel free to call anytime

Thank you

Not sure if anyone reached out to you, but I believe the sooner you pay the dues, the better. Not sure how many spots are left for this year.

Are there available spots for the 2019 calendar year or has that not been determined yet? Also can you attend trail days if not a full fledged member yet?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yes. Check the event section of the forum.