Hey Guys

How are you guys doing? My name is Devin, I’ve been eyeballing this club for a while, and one of your members (Mikemizz) convinced me to join the forum.

I picked up a YJ last summer from an older woman who lived a few streets over, She wanted $500. It hadn’t been on the road since 2006 but she said they started it every now and again. After we connected the jumper cables it started 2nd crank but as soon as we tried to back it out of the driveway the brake lines blew, so we ended up pushing it home for $400! It was rough, driver’s side floor was gone passenger side starting to rust, needed all the brake lines and brakes, radiator, a tune up and shocks.

This is what she looks like now.

Passenger side floor is in and done.

Drivers side is in need of a body mount. It completely rotted out from the tub, i still don’t know if i am going to fab something up or try and cut one out of a good tub.

So far radiator, brakes and lines, hoses, oil, plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, differential fluid, and half the floors are done. At the moment I’m painting the frame and under carriage with POR 15, i’m replacing the shocks and removing the trac bars. I’ve also installed a 1 inch body lift.

I never joined before because i read the rules and you have to be 18, I’m about to turn 17 and rebuilding this jeep with my Mimium wage earning job so progress has been kinda slow, the main help i have is my dad who knows basics but is no Master Technician. He has still been a great help to this project he was the one who convinced my mother to allow me to buy and build this POS. I’m in a tech high school taking automotive classes so i know my stuff for the most part but I’m no master tech either.

My mother has a stock 2009 JK X too. It doesn’t flex at all!

Well thanks for reading, I’ll be around trying to gather knowledge to help me rebuild my YJ or Black Betty. :laughing:

Welcome to the forum! Yes, you are too young to join, but tell your mother to join the club! :laughing:

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum looking forward to seeing what you end up building out of that jeep

Yeah hopefully I can get it done for the summer, how does membership work? Like say my father joins may come and drive on trail runs? Or does he have to drive?

Hey Devin, welcome to the forum. Keep plugging at it. It takes time, but in the end it’s worth it. Before long you’ll have a trail worthy rig that you can be proud to say you built from the ground up!

Welcome Devin, I have a project YJ as we’ll and looks like we have some of the same issues. I’ll hopefully be tearing into it in a couple of weeks. And no worries even with a decent paying job you never have enough money. We’ll have to work something out to be able to get you out on the trails just give us a little time to hash out the details.

You got an awesome project going there Devin! It looks like it’s coming along pretty good! Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the keep build. Ask questions, we’re here to help.

Welcome !