GTD 2019 Planning Meeting (vendors/promo) - open to all

January 22 (Tues) at 7pm
749 Mitchells Ln Middletown, RI 02842
Above the garage, stairs in back

This is the meeting where we map out our ideas, ways to promote the event and share the load of getting all the goodies we use for our raffle.

NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!

If you can use google search, send e-mails, forward e-mails and add attachments to e-mails you are already skilled enough to be my boss…

This meeting is where we review all the paperwork we will use to get vendors and donors for the event as well as chat about strategy and divide up the work assignments. if you can devote 1 hour a week for about 2 months, you will be a super-hero for our team. Basically all the heavy lifting is directed to the e-mail OSJgotoplessday@gmail.com and it is processed from there. If you are not a computer guy and want to organize paper flyers and distribution of them, great! we need that too.

Post up here if you plan to attend. If you are really nice, Frank will probably bring some pizza too.

We need people! Based on contribution, this could be a totally different way to gain some volunteer hours for probationary members too.

1. JJ (jjbsilvia)
  2. Roy (roysjeep)
  3. Frank (CFrnCoyn34)
  4. John (onerichef)
  5. Ricky (Ricky)
  6. Sarah (SarahLou)
  7. Kurt (brewmaster)

I’ll be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can not attend but I highly suggest getting a spectator area in the woods. I always hear about it and the number 1 complaint.

Insurance requires spectators to be separated from participants by a physical barrier (i.e. fencing or barriers). Go Topless Day is a participation event, not a spectator event.

Would “show vehicles” be permitted?

I was going through one of my dresser drawers tonight and found the contact info for the “Polar Tacoma” I picked up at car show a few years ago. Its currently the record holder for the fastest land-based travel to the south pole and its currently based out of RI. Seen it a few times since then, but its been awhile. If you want me to, I’ll reach out to them to see if they are interested. (I cannot guarantee there will be a response as the official facebook page as been inactive for over a year :frowning: )

Send the contact to the email and I’ll add it to the list

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Email sent

Will caution or danger tape work?

I will be there. Pizza will also be coming with me from A-1 on Broadway in Newport.

How about raffling a ride off in a members rig? Have the winner(s) sign a waiver for the trail ride.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

^^^Not a half bad idea.

And Mark, I was thinking the same thing regarding the caution or danger tape.

I’ll be there

John

Ricky and I will be there

Or having staff available to take people out on a ride when they are not ready to take their own jeeps out on the trail. We have done this informally in the past but starting a sign up list could be the next step.

I remember taking a vendor and a service member or two on a few trail rides at Jeepfest a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Can we make a limited number of passenger tickets available

There’s two ways to do this if we decide it’s a good idea:

one way is to book 1-4 tickets for sale at the assigned trail times for each applicable run and sell them at HQ right along with the regular tickets.

The other way is to have a standby queue at the trailhead and post a staff person to sell tickets to a general waitline where we call people up as seats are declared.

With proper planning, we can generate 8 ride tix per trail and trail time and simply decide on game day how many seats we can offer for each one based on the leaders and gunners that get assigned. In the event we lose seats because a gunner has no back seat or something, we can reduce the tix on offer. This would require coordination with ticket HQ and once the trail ride is sold, we’d have to be prepared to have seats available.

If you have run trail leads in the past, post up on how you think it would work best. I like the idea to offer non-jeep people a chance to ride. My dad took a ride with Mike Nelson a couple years ago as a favor and he had a terrific time and wants to buy a gladiator since that day.

The ride-alongs can be a great way to promote our mission if we can keep it simple, safe and do not open ourselves to a cluster Jam of entitled jerks who mouth off on facebook when a seat is canceled or a trail ride is late returning due to breakage etc.

Thinking out loud… presale is tough due to unexpected circumstances on the trail but i don’t think we have had to cancel any/many trail time slots during past events. Only passengers 18 and older. A waiver might not be a bad idea for passengers.

I was thinking that same thing. Maybe sell the tickets on a “first come, first serve” bias per trail? Broadcast the announce per trail ride over the PA system even?

And I think on the waiver should say what Greg said to me at Wheel and Squeal:

“Think of it as an amusement park ride. Keep arms, hands, head, feet, and legs inside the ride at all times”

Since this is a public forum thread, I think at this point let’s agree it is a point we can discuss further in the planning thread and I think there is a desire to think this through.

We will discuss this a bit more at the planning meeting, but in reality, the meeting is more about sponsor/donors, layouts and trying to expand the team of folks who know how to properly solicit support from businesses both small and large.

The meeting is tomorrow, Please post up if you will attend.