For Sale: 98 Lifted TJ 4.0L/6 cyl 5 spd.

For sale is my 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ. It’s a 5 speed, 4.0L 6cyl engine that has 100,750 miles on it. It’s in turn key and go condition. It also has a winch, and front and rear tube bars as bumpers for protection. It comes with full steel doors and a soft top, and has a fully functional locking center console. The canvas doors shown in these pictures do not come with the car; you will get the matching full steel doors. I only have those on as it’s Summertime! This car also has a 3.5 inch Rough Country suspension lift kit in it, on top of 33" mudders, giving it some good height, while still being street ready.

This is a great car, and I hate to part with it, however I currently have another car payment that I need to get rid of. This comes with a clear title and all the accessories I have. It’s in great working order, although it does have a few scratches on it (what 15 year old car doesn’t?) and is absolutely ready to go topless to enjoy the Summer with you.

This car has absolutely 0 fender or door rot, as is typical with most older Jeeps. I can answer any questions you may have (to the best of my ability). You’re more than welcome to come check it out and take it for a spin yourself. I’m asking $8000, price is firm.

Below is a listing of everything it comes with:
[b]* 4.0L/6 cylinder engine

• 5 speed
  • Full steel doors
  • 33" mudders (tires)
  • Fog lights with in-dash switch
  • Sound Bar
  • Rear Seat Drink Holders
  • 3.5 inch Rough Country suspension lift
  • Front AND Rear Tube Bar Bumper
  • Locking center console (fully functional)
  • Pioneer CD player with removable faceplate
  • Insta-trunk
  • Bimini top
  • soft top
  • light signal covers
  • extra set of keys[/b]

What it will need:
Eventually, it will probably need new brakes, as I’m starting to get a little pulsation when driving. Also, it just started up with the whole “faulty cluster” that Jeeps are known for. Occasionally, while driving, all the gauges drop to 0 and the cluster doesn’t work, temporarily. So if you can fix it, go for it, or you can just change it out. Other than that, it’s good to go.

If this posting is still up, the Jeep is still for sale. If you’re interested or have any other questions, please e-mail me through here and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I’m not looking to part out the car, so please don’t e-mail me asking for parts. This is for a fully functional Jeep and I want to keep her in-tact!

Please e-mail me for more pictures, as I have plenty to send, however I can only upload 5 on here. If you want specific pictures, I’m more than willing to take more as well.
MAIN JEEP 11B.jpg
MAIN JEEP 3B.jpg
MAIN JEEP 2B.jpg
MAIN JEEP 6.jpg
MAIN JEEP.jpg

nice little Jeep, good luck with the sale

Thanks. I’m just hoping to be able to upgrade to a newer year!

The gauge fix is pretty easy, its usually caused by loose pins on the cluster.

Would the entire cluster have to be replaced? Or is it just some wiring (or pins) that need to be replaced/readjusted?

You can usually just pull the cluster out ant slightly bend each pin out to make better contact.

Awesome. Thanks so much for the heads up!