Clutch is starting to go 2013 jk

My Jk has got 73,000 miles on it and he clutch is nearing the end of its life. Looking to buy a kit and put it in in the next couple of weeks. Anyone with a 2012+ replace their clutch yet and if so which one did you put in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you having an issue with your clutch, or are you just basing it on mileage?

Good question. Because I have routinely had clutches last 150k-200k.

Agreed! I had 240,000 miles on my stock clutch, when I traded in one of my cars. And no issues.

Almost 300k on mine

So I think we are asking … what’s it doing that you suspect it’s bad.

IME… the most obvious failure ( is lining wearout ) is you are at the bottom of a gear and give it gas and the rpms go up but you feel no acceleration. So it’s slipping. If you let slip too long, the rivets will scar the flywheel or pressure plate which is a lot more money.

Other failure which I sadly am more familiar with is ripping the donut out of the center of the clutch disc. This is indicated by, its in first gear and you release the clutch and the jeeps sits still. This one is fun. This happens to me a lot because my input bearing to trans was shot and the pilot bushing would wear out and then I would snap another disc donut… more fun.

If the clutch is not disengaging making it hard to shift, then it’s probably a actuator/throw out bearing problem.

And lastly…if you have worn out your clutch < 100k miles… might be related to driving style. Either you slip it too much or you just drive too aggressively. If it’s the later, I’ve had good luck with Centerforce clutches… but that was a long time ago and not sure they are still awesome.

Art