Arnold Mills 4th of July Parade

Arnold Mills 4th of July Parade

The theme this year is “Let Freedom Ring” .

Meet at the Showcase Cinema on Route 1 in North Attleboro (right off 295) at 9:15 and roll out at 9:30. We need to be lined up for the parade route by 10:00 so we avoid the road race. Parade starts at 11:00. There will be plenty of time to decorate your jeeps once we get to the staging area. Bring plenty of candy, squirt guns, etc.

Here is more info on the parade: arnoldmillsparade.com/

By tradition we usually go to Chelos on the Water for food and drink following the parade.

Everybody is welcome including members and non-members!

" Let Freedom ring "

Let’s do a float! I’ll offer up my truck and trailer.

and bring lots of candy to throw at the kids :smiley:

I am down to build a float. We have to start drafting it out this week if we want a float for the 4th.

I’m going to try to make a large paper Mâché Liberty Bell. Tom DeRosier said that he would make the stands for the bell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking we could pose a jeep flexed out on trailer. Set up a banner in the truck bed. A drum of water with water cannon. I have generator to run a pump but we need the drum, pump, and water cannon. We could mount the liberty bell on the drum to disguise it. Optionally, we can set up sound system to play music.

Who’s Jeep?

Since we can’t seem to keep track of banners I just ordered 2 more! Should be arriving before the 3rd.

like on the fb page if my jeep will fit the trailer I am down to flex it out etc. just have to figure out on what.

Ricky has a ramp at his shop. Its pretty tall but I think you can get up on it.

I am around 7ft wide.

Hope you all have a great time.

Plan is to meet at the Showcase Cinema on Route 1 in North Attleboro (right off 295) at 9:15 and roll out at 9:30. We need to be lined up for the parade route by 10:00 so we avoid the road race. Parade starts at 11:00. There will be plenty of time to decorate your jeeps once we get to the staging area.

Here is more info on the parade: arnoldmillsparade.com/

I’m hoping to get another good turnout for this… it’s a great way to get our name out into the community. Start buying big bags of candy now. We bought over $60 worth last year and were out half way through! :slight_smile:

should have posted earlier… sorry!

I have the club ramp at my house, does it need to be delivered somewhere?

John

No. We need small ramp that can sit on a trailer.

Float is up in the air at this point. Brakes on my truck are screwed buy I think they will be fixed in time. Chris was interested in posting his Jeep but we at least need to determine if he can get up onto Ricky’s ramp.

We are also coming up show on other decorations for the float. It we are going to make this happen somebody needs to step up soon.

If my Jeep didn’t make as much noise starting and stopping, I might try to go. But it’s a little too “Rent-a-Wreck” sounding for this year…

Sarah and I are in for the parade.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I can assure you that far worse have participated. We have had jeep overheat and breakdown on the parade route. It’s all part of the experience.

… that was me… blew the supercharger nose bearing on the way up there too… still made it for drinks afterward though!

Eric wrote:

We are also coming up show on other decorations for the float. It we are going to make this happen somebody needs to step up soon.
[/quote]
What is needed and can items be brought Thursday?