In desperate need of a XJ A/C bracket.

The clutch fan pulley bearing seized up yesterday and threw the belt. It’s toast. from what I have been reading it’s a dealer only part, and they are VERY expensive. I found the bearing replacement, but the bracket seems to break if you try to press in/out the bearing.

I either need a pre-95 A/C bracket with idler…so I can do an eFan conversion. Or I need a 96+ so I can just both on and go.

I went to the two local Junk yards today and neither one had any Jeeps of any form.

Anyone have anything kicking around ?

Thanks,
Jon

Try fb new england offroad trading post

Or get a shorter belt and bypass it till you can find the bracket.

Maybe Jamie or Ricky can chime in on the U-pull it we went to they have a few xj’s an a bunch of zj’s

Search on car-part.com. There are plenty of XJ’s around. Hall’s Auto and North Smithfield Auto should have some.

you can always try jeeps unlimited in providence

would Jeff up at crown have one?

I spent yesterday getting a short belt on, only to have the ALT squeal like a scalded pig no matter what I tried. There doesn’t seem to be enough contact without adding another idler… which I can’t do without either fabricating something from scratch…or getting a 95 or earlier bracket with the idler. I don’t have time to do either unfortunately… so I ordered the new bracket from the dealer for $255 OUCH :frowning:

All the yards I called didn’t have anything, and I didn’t want to pay ridiculous amounts of money expediting shipping from somewhere else and not have it arrive till next week sometime. By the time I figured parts, inconvenience, and my labor…it was easier just to buy the dumb bracket new. I did order the new bearing and will get that pressed in at some point so I can sell the bracket and recoup some cash.

I also bought a used Taurus fan for cheap at the JY so I will do a efan conversion over the summer.

Thanks for the response!

Fwiw, the urgency comes from the fact that I don’t drive my truck in the winter. I don’t want to get salt on it, and it’s a death machine in rain nevermind snow. Looks like we have more slop coming over the weekend.