In Cab Winch Controls!

Well I Got This All Worked Out While I Was Waiting To Buy My Winch Bumper…

and i went shopping…

i pulled the all wires needed though out the jeep…

and brought the 3 wires needed to the winch

made up the fuse holder

cut the red , install fuse, and install main power wire for in cab winch controls

the relay will prevent use of the winch if the jeep is off… just incase if people mess with my jeep…

land the other 2 control wires

installed a fuse inline of the power wire, on its was into the cab… used the acc. control to control the relay (relay turns on/off with jeep)

pulled apart dash…

install switches and wire em…

winch control on…

theres 4 switches there

1 SPST lighted rocker switch = rocklights

1 SPST lighted saftey toggle switch = winch power

1 SPDT momentary toggle switch = winch in/out

1 SPSTlighted rocker switch = unused… gonna use for backup light override… when i install backup lights…

SPST = Single Pole Single Throw (one switch with only one contact postion)
SPDT = Single Pole Double Throw (one switch with 2 contact postions)

i grabed the acc power from the cigar lighter that turns on and off with the jeep hint hint

also make sure you test your winch be for ya wire it up… it might not follow the same color code… but its really easy to figure out if ya have an ohm meter

also the realy is there to prevent people from messing with the winch when the jeep is off

and lastly with some testing i discovered the the coil on the winch contactor draws more than 2 amps… so im now using a 5 amp fuse…

i just got my winch installed yesterday so i think this project just made it to my to do list. thanks for the info

if ya got any questions just post up…

will do… thanks. ur schematics seem easy enough to follow

Dude… I’ve got to hand it to ya… you do the best write up’s I’ve seen. Every time I see your’s I keep thinking I should take better photos as I work - then I have a couple of beers, swear at the rig a few times, and don’t want to get my camera all greasy.

i do the same thing! just did LCA skids for the front. all i have are end product pics but let me tell you fabing up those brackets was a pain.